How To Determine The Target Market And Reach The Target Market Through Survey

Define and analyze your audience, starting with asking questions to estimate sample size and injury rate.

How to determine the target market?

Suppose you want to start the online tea delivery service by subscription. You have many questions, such as:

  • Is there a market for my tea business?
  • Who is most likely to buy?
  • How much are they willing to pay?
  • Where is it mainly located?

The first step in reaching the target market is to send a questionnaire to a balanced general population. When sending the survey to the audience panel, the following demographic information will be automatically included in the US survey results. United States of America:

  • Gender
  • Generation
  • Household income
  • The type of device used for scanning.
  • US. census of each respondent’s U.S.

Tip: When scanning representative samples from the general population, make sure to open the balance between age and gender!

Surveymedalliacom-Staples Customer Satisfaction Survey

Also, be sure to ask other demographic or behavioural questions related to your category. In order to reach the target market of your tea market, you may need to know the answers to the following questions:

  • How often do you drink hot tea or ice tea?
  • How many times do you shop online?
  • What is your interest in tea delivery services?

Once you get the results, apply filters to see the total population of the tea industry that suits you best (for example, people who drink tea at home and shop online).

From here, you can get a good understanding of the target market: compared with the general population, gender gap, age, shopping location and market size. Now you are ready to further develop your business philosophy!

What is the number of people surveyed?

After determining the audience, you must determine the total population. Suppose that a general census found that in the United States, the people most interested in delivering tea are women between the ages of 30 and 45 who drink tea every week.

Based on US census data. As of 2010, this represents approximately 30 million people in the target market. Surprisingly, there is an easy way to vote on a smaller number of people to get a representative of your target market.

Use our sample size calculator to determine the number of people to scan to accurately understand the target market.

For example, if you want to make a representative sample of 30 million people with 95% confidence (the probability that the sample can accurately represent your population), the error range is +/- 5% (the range of the survey results may Population reduction), you will have to send the questionnaire to about 400 women between the ages of 30 and 45.

How you use the results will affect the same amount required. For example, suppose you need to segment the results by region, income level, or age group. Once you start to see fine-grained results cut, the margin of error for these smaller groups increases. Therefore, you will need to clear a total of more people.

Tellhappystar: Take Carl’s Jr. or Hardee’s Customer Survey

Tip: If you try to post results, the most respected posts will use general rules to collect at least 1000 responses or +/- 3% margin of error.

Of course, it is not always possible for 1,000 people to scan. You may encounter budget or time constraints, or it may be difficult to find the people you need on the online board.

As a real-world professional, you will need to strike a balance between theoretical best and practical. Sometimes, it is more practical to investigate 150 people to decide what action to take today.

Choose the right audience for your survey

There are two ways to contact the person you need to complete the survey:

1) Choose from our targeting options

When people join our team, we will ask them some questions to further understand them and develop their image. We asked basic demographic information, such as gender, age, location, and income level, as well as behavioural issues related to product ownership/use and shopping habits.

You can target respondents by selecting predefined targeting options. Check out our audience preview tool to learn what we have.

2) Use personal assessment questions

If you do not find the guidance option you need, we may not have asked this question to our team members. In this case, you can ask your own selection questions and exclude respondents who do not meet your targeting criteria.

Tip: You can use multiple exam questions in the same survey to target specific people who meet multiple conditions.

When and how to use survey questions?

When you need to communicate with a specific group of people who cannot be found using only our targeting options, you should use a screening question.

Continuing our example of providing tea service, I decided that the target market is women aged 30 to 45 who drink tea at least once a week.

In this case, you can use the counselling option to find women between 30 and 45 years old. However, you also need to use personal check questions to ensure that women who drink tea weekly (or more frequently) respond to your questionnaire.

At the beginning of the Survey, please ask the following questions:

How often do you drink hot tea or ice tea?

  • Daily
  • Once A Week
  • Per Month
  • Per Year Or Shorter
  • Never

Next, you need to apply the exclusion logic to the “monthly”, “yearly” or “less” and “never” reply options.

Once the survey is started, any respondent who chooses “Monthly”, “less per year” or “never” will skip the survey and go to the page thanking him for answering the survey, or will be directed to another survey to Meet the criteria.

There is a lot of content to write a screening question to get the required responder committee. Get the latest tips and tricks in “Guidelines for Using Screening Questions in Surveys.”

Estimated Incident Rate

The incidence rate is the percentage of respondents who are eligible to be surveyed after answering assessment questions.

When your survey contains test questions, you need to provide an estimated infection rate so that we can manage the number of survey invitations sent to committee members.

Here are some techniques that can help you estimate the survey infection rate:

1) Check your company’s market research data

Your company may have relevant data, or you have studied the subject. For example, if you have a physical tea shop, you may already have information about current customers, and you can report a search for new subscription activity online. Try asking your colleagues if they know who can access this data.

2) Online quick search

If you are scanning people of a popular or highly studied category, you may record useful industrial documents online.

For example, you can search for “how many people drink tea in the United States?” To find many articles that involve completed research.

3) Run a small project before the final project to test the injury rate

Similar to our initial survey to set the target market, you can send a quick questionnaire to the general population to determine the incidence of the target market. This is like this:

Create a short questionnaire that contains the exact exam questions you plan to use.

Make sure to remove any logic that does not meet the conditions and ask all questions.

Submit the questionnaire to 100-200 respondents using the same targeting options as your final project (in this example, women aged 30-45).

Filter the results to show only the answers that meet the requirements of the final project.

To get the clickthrough rate, divide the number of responses included in the filter by the total number of completed responses.

Reaching the target market has never been easier; all you have to do is ask.


Leave a Reply