Punyam Poonkavanam Kendra's (PPKs)
An effective way out to realise the objectives of Punyam Poonkavanam Initiative (Promotion of Responsible and Conscious Pilgrimage) is to set up punyam Poonkavanam Kendra (PPKs) in each and every temple and other places connected to the Sabarimala pilgrimage.
Activities of Kendra
- Once in a week organize a Sramadan (Voluntury Cleaning Drive) in the temple and its surroundings to ensure the active participation of devotees in the maintenance of their temple.
- To educate and make aware of devotees about the correct practices and rituals to be followed in each temple.
- To enable devotees to realise meaning of the truth that “Cleanliness is Godliness” by organizing talks by eminent spiritual leaders.
- To educate ayyappa devotees about philosophy of Sabarimala Pilgrimage and DOs & DON'Ts while observing Vrithas, during pilgrimage & at Sabarimala.
- To ensure that while preparing irimudikettu ,no unwanted materials especially plastic and other non degradable substances have put inside the Pallikettu.
- To prepare and maintain a register on details of all Guruswamies of the temple & neighbouring areas and organise workshop on objectives and Pancha Mantras of Punyam Poonkavanam initiative & DOs & DO’NTs while observing Vrithas , during pilgrimage & at Sabarimala.
- To obtain willingness of Ayyappa devotees to participate in Cleaning Drive (Sramadan) at Erumeli,Nilakkal,Pamba & Sannidhanam and forward to the Punyam Pookavanam Office at Sannidhnam.
- To provide useful information about sabarimala pilgrimage such as timings of temple opening and closing,Que position,details of vazhipad, connectivity details of Police ,Devasowm,Heath,offices of Accommodation, ayyappasevasangam and Samajam.
- Each Punyam Poonkavanam Kendra will have 5 members Executive Committee , which should comprise of Chief priest of the Temple ,two Key office bearers of temple committee/Administration, One Senior Guru Swamy and one eminent person connected to the Temple.All devotees of the Temple will be members of General Body.
- Chief Priest of the Temple will be Patron and head of Temple Committee / administration will be the President of the Punyam Poonkavanam Kendra.
- Regional/District committee of Punyam Poonkavanam initiative will oversee the activities of Kendras and coordinates PP Ks with Punyam Poonkavanam Kendra at Sabarimala.
- Executive Committee of the Kendra shall meet at once in a month (during festival season,in November,December & January at least once in a week) to review progress made in implementation Punyam Poonkavanam initiative and prepare action plan for the next month/week.Copy of minutes will be sent to the Regional and Central Committees.
- General body will be met at least every six month. One General Body meeting will be convened before 10th November of every year without fail.